How To Avoid Boredom This Summer

Lauren Schafer, Staff Writer

Summer is coming. It may not feel like it at the moment but it is coming. We all think we can find things to do over summer but truthfully, we get bored. Here is a list of things you can do over the summer.

Volunteer: There are tons of places in Quincy you can volunteer at. A few include the Quincy Humane Society, Teen Reach, Horizons, and Blessing Hospital. Businesses always need people to volunteer and help them out. Help your community!

Learn a new skill: Teach yourself something instead of paying for someone else to teach you. You could eventually get paid to teach someone this skill. There are endless possibilities on what you can learn. The internet is full of ideas.

Exercise: It may not sound fun but exercising is something you can do over the summer. It may be too hot to run but you can always run indoors. Swimming is a hit over the summer and you know what, that counts as exercise! I love swimming.

Create a new hobby: I like this one because you can stop your hobby and always pick it up again. You can scrapbook, draw, free write, color, design something online, plant/garden, create art work, knit, sew. So many choices and so much time.

Make a small bucket list and complete it: We all have bucket lists. Accomplish a few things on there over the summer. You don’t have to go all out on these. Just do something easy and simple.

Educate yourself: Think about what you want to do as a career and educate yourself on it. If you want to work in the medical field, educate yourself on different colleges that offer what medical career you want to go into. You can do the same with any career. I have done so much research on the job that I want. I now have a clear understanding on what this job entails.

Donate Blood: Donating blood helps so many people. The American Red Cross is always in need of blood donations. Blood drives are often held at the mall and many other locations. You must be 17 or 16 with parent consent to donate blood. You can go to http://www.redcross.org/give-blood to know more.

These are just some of the many things you can do over summer break. You can search the internet for more ideas as well.

How To Avoid Boredom This Summer