Katie Vogler Spotlight: “I Like Trying To Better The Community”

Destiny Hicks, Staff Writer

Katie Vogler, junior, participates in a lot of clubs, activities, and sports for the school. She is a very dedicated person who wants to better her community.

“I like service projects; I like working with the community and trying to better the community. That’s why I am involved in a lot of service organization,” Katie said.

Katie is involved with BETA Club, Student Council, and Key Club.  She loves helping the school and the community. She finds it fun and loves to work hard at anything she does.

Katie is very competitive against her brother. That is when she started running and realized that she liked it. Katie runs for the cross country team and track team. She also does dance at Cheryl Kaiser School of Dance.

“My brother ran when he was in high school and junior high, and I wanted to be better than him. So, that’s when I started running now I really like it.”

Katie’s best friend Lorral and mother Cheryl Vogler are her biggest support.

“They are people I can talk too; they give me advice even if I don’t ask for it,” Katie said.

Katie’s mother works at the school as a science teacher. Katie likes the fact that her mother works at the school because she has a nice place to go to and study. Also, if she is having a bad day then she can talk to her mom about it.

Katie is looking at several colleges, including the University of Illinois and University of Tennessee. She wants to be a research scientist and a professor.

When Katie gets older she wants to move out of the U.S. and live in Ireland and other places around the world.