A Day In The Life Of The QHS Principal: Danielle Arnold

Aaron Sullivan, Staff Writer

Danielle Arnold, current principal, is a very busy woman.

“When I arrive at QHS in the morning, I start off by answering any voice mails and messages that were left for me overnight. I also prepare for any meetings that are scheduled for that morning,” Arnold said.

Throughout the day Arnold attends community group meetings and plans for lots of things.

“I try to schedule things I want to prioritize throughout the week and I respond to needs as they arise,” Arnold said.

She also has many other responsibilities that may or may not occur every day such as state reporting, budgeting, testing, grant funding, and instructional leadership.

“I love to see the students and staff doing innovative things and I really like how the students have more possibilities than we did when we were younger with school being a little bit different from what it was growing up,” Arnold said.

The hardest part of her job is trying to be in all places at once. Creating a balance can also be tricky at times.

“It gets hard working with students who have had really tough times outside of school which takes its toll on their learning, but I never give up on trying to help them get through it,” Arnold said.

Throughout the day Arnold visits classrooms and plans for professional development through her observations.

“I like to hear feedback from other staff members about any and every way we can improve [by] supporting them with resources,” Arnold said.

Arnold started as a classroom teacher before becoming principal.

“As a classroom teacher, I grew in my roles and responsibilities,” Arnold said.

This will be the last year for Arnold here at QHS.

“I will miss the staff that I’ve worked with, the families that I’ve met, the students here at QHS, friends in the community, and without a doubt, the people,” Arnold said.