“Your Senior Year Will Fly By Fast”

Destiny Hicks, Destiny Hicks

Coming back as a senior in the new school year, I didn’t believe what people say about how my senior year will fly by. Now that I am at the point where I only have a day left of school, it makes me wish that I did more this year, such as attending more school activities and working less. Now that it’s almost over, the next step is what I must do but I am not truly ready.

We are never ready to leave the place that is like a second home, where we spent twelve years of our life. There have been bad and good moments in high school. If you make school fun, it will be fun. This is what some students don’t understand. Even if the work isn’t fun, you can make it fun. To have a great experience in high school, make it fun, even if it is boring. Every moment counts.

The biggest part of high school that I will miss is the teachers. Many of the teachers are not credited for the hard work they put into make us a better student and to help us achieve the goals we set for ourselves. They don’t have to do it for us, but they still do it. They truly want us to make it in life when we leave. Teachers go through a lot; from the bad behavior, to the crying student, they are there for us even if you don’t like it.

Most of the class of 2017 are ready to leave, but deep down, we will all miss QHS. The school that set us to succeed in life. The school where we met the friends and teachers that were here for us.

I may not know where I will be in 10 years, but I know I worked hard to do what I dreamed of doing. This is because I attended a school that teaches you to succeed in school and encourages you to push yourself to your very best.

“Your Senior Year Will Fly By Fast”