The Kite Runner Inspires Reader

Destiny Hicks, Staff Writer

The Kite Runner is a book I will never forget. The book truly shows us that we should be grateful for what we have in our lives and where we live. From the greatest moments to the worst moments in Amir’s life, I was moved in many ways.

Throughout Amir’s life, he faced many challenges which most teenagers don’t face in America. In his life, war and reputation are everything. If you are not wealthy, people don’t care about you. Amir didn’t have to worry about not having a great reputation because his father Baba was a strong leader that did things even if people said he wouldn’t be able to.

It showed me that being a coward isn’t right. Instead, I should stand up for what I believe. It makes you a better person and others will trust you to help when they need you to be a leader.

We shouldn’t think of ourselves if it means hurting someone who has done nothing but be loyal to us. For Amir to get his father’s attention, he sacrificed his friendship. Hurting someone you care about doesn’t make you happy even if you got what you wanted.

Most of our lives are not as bad as others around the world, we must treat others with respect even if we do not know them. You must treat others as you want to be treated.

The Kite Runner Inspires Reader