Students Prepare For Four Year College Program

Seniors Hannah Fuglaar (left) and Sarah McIntyre (right)

Emma Dalke, Staff Writer

When students graduate high school, there are many different options to kick start their adult life. QHS students Hannah Fuglaar and Sarah McIntyre have been preparing for a four year college throughout their high school career.

McIntyre said she has been preparing since 8th grade year. “I’ve looked at Mizzou, U of I, Indiana University, University of Central Florida and Illinois State University,” she said.

“I plan to major in Interdisciplinary Health Sciences to pursue a career as a physician assistant,” McIntyre said.

She said the advice she would give to students looking at four year colleges would be to “take challenging classes and do your best in them to prepare for the workload that will come in college.”

Fuglaar has been preparing for admission into a four year college since sophomore year. She said the application process has been great and she has been accepted into the college of her choice, Westminster.

“I look for high academic standards, good food, and good dorms in a college,” Fuglaar said. Her advice to freshman: “Study for the ACT and the SAT; take it seriously.”

“Look for schools early and look at everything you want and then narrow it down,” Fuglaar said. She plans to be an admissions counselor.

Fuglaar and McIntyre are both excited to start this new chapter in their life.