Boys Golf Met Season Goal But Continues To Think Of Future

Lauren Schafer, Staff Writer

Golf ended the season by winning conferences and Coach Bruner said that was his goal.

“Our goal for this season and every season is to win conferences and do well in post,” Bruner said.

To play well in these matches, senior Jimmie Patterson and senior TJ Wensing both said that they practice a lot.

“I practice [my] putting, positioning, turning, and strokes,” Patterson said. “[This will help us win] sectionals and go to state.”

Wensing agreed.

“I practice by putting, chipping, and hitting golf balls at the range at Westview,” Wensing said. “It takes time and dedication to win.”

The downside of this season was the team lost seniors Zach Cliatt and Cooper Larson and after this season they will lose Wensing and Patterson.

“Wensing and Petterson were the two players that stepped up this year that we will lose but we will still have [junior] Parker Campbell ,” Bruner said.

As well as Campbell, Wesing and Patterson both said sophomore Brock Pen has stepped up this season.

The big thing Bruner said he wants to change this season, and all 15 years he has been coaching, is for the players to play in tournaments.

“The big thing this year and every year is for [the players] to play in more summer tournaments,” Bruner said.

By continuing to practice and step up their game each year, Bruner said he looks forward to every season with new and former players.