Work Hard, Get Rewards

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Having a job can be stressful for some students but for others it can be very rewarding.

High school students having a job is not a new concept to everyone but many students who don’t have one don’t know many of the great things that come with having a job.

Having a job can boost your self-esteem. When you get hired at a job it can be a huge boost because it makes you feel like the manager or whoever hired you sees a lot of potential to do a good job at what you were hired to do.

Having a job can also help improve social skills. Being social is a huge part of a teenagers life but often times trouble communicating outside of a friend group can occur. Being at a job that requires communication to customers can help open up a student and bring out interpersonal skills.

Not only can it help communication skills but it can also make you more responsible. Responsibility is a huge thing to take on as a teenager because it takes time to master. Having a job can help you master it though due to having to show up on time for work and making sure the boss knows when you can and cannot work a shift.

Last, but not least in the slightest, having a job earns you money. Money is important to everyone in high school through adulthood. There are expenses in all aspects of life from car payments to the wants and needs of everyday. Just a couple of examples are things like a cell phone bill and going out to eat. Having a job can help with these expenses especially if your parents won’t.

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

The Real Effects Of CTE

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

How To Make Your Valentine Feel On Top Of The World

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

Super Moon Trilogy Takes Place At 6:56 A.M.

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

Madison Jones-Gallaher Spotlight: “My Hobbies Will Help Me Prepare to Own a Business.”

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

Elizabeth Cook Spotlight: “Getting Through School is Most Important to Me.”

• Feature

Meet The Science Department

• Feature

Meet The P.E. Department

• Feature

Meet The Drivers-ED Department

• Work Hard, Get Rewards

Feature

Reichert Christmas Tree Farm

• Feature

Fall 5×5

Work Hard, Get Rewards