Thieves On The Field

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

October is always crazy for A-building kids but for some it can be more emotional than others, specifically for seniors in band.

Many seniors in band have been in the program since 4th or 5th grade and at this point it has basically consumed their entire lives. Even though being in the program requires a lot of time and energy the outcome of performing a field show and being in parades all over the tri-states is worth it. However when it comes to the last of each, there are strong feelings, especially when it is the last Octoberfest.

“[It feels] very weird; I’ve been doing this for so long, helping my mother and sitting up in the press box just watching all of the bands and doing my job as tape runner. It’s very bittersweet,” said senior Anna Gabel.

Even though QHS doesn’t actively compete in Octoberfest, they still do their best to put on the greatest show they can.

“This year our field show story is Thieves in the Temple. Bandits are trying to steal precious gems from the prince as they awaken the spirits of the temple,” Gabel explained.

This year’s show is about nine minutes long and the band has been working on learning and perfecting it since August. As Octoberfest approaches this Saturday, October 20, some band members still have concerns on whether things will go off without a hitch.

“My biggest concern is about the balance between all the different parts of the band,” said senior Casey Cox.

Band can be stressful but it is also a place where students can make friends and memories.

“[Band] has created probably the best memories that I could ever imagine. I’ve met some great people over the years that I’ve been in the program,” Gabel said.

Bands are scored during their performance on many different things like music, visuals, and drumline. There are also several judges that hand out these scores to 20+ different bands during the competition.

Students who are participating this year encourage everyone that can attend the competition to come out and support the QPS Music Department as it is their biggest fundraiser of the year.

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Bailey is a senior who loves dancing, writing, and acting. Bailey decided to join Q-Review because she loves the energy that the class provides and the...

• News

AP Biology To Be A Course Option Next Fall

• News

PALS Offers Students A New Outlet

• Thieves On The Field

News

Blue Devil Coffee Gives Students A Job

• Thieves On The Field

News

Students And Paperless Classes

• Thieves On The Field

News

Homeroom Grade Levels

• News

Ninth Hour Aims To Help Students Succeed

• Thieves On The Field

News

Competency Education Is QPS Student’s Future

• Thieves On The Field

News

Semesters Only School Year

• Thieves On The Field

News

Get Out And Vote

• Thieves On The Field

News

Seniors Round Out The Year With An All Night Party

Thieves On The Field