Blue Devil Coffee Gives Students A Job

Back to Article
Back to Article

Blue Devil Coffee Gives Students A Job

Bailey Gasparovic

Every Friday our special education students deliver coffee to some of our teachers in the building during first hour.

These students don’t just deliver coffee for fun; many of them are learning valuable life skills in the process.

Seniors, Ashlynn Pieper and Jahashua Foster both commented that Blue Devil Coffee “started as a class discussion” to help students gain hands on experience in real life scenarios.

Eleven students all come together to make Blue Devil Coffee a success while learning helpful skills such as counting change and discovering good business practices.

Juniors, Austin Stickley and Lance Nunn, and seniors, Justice Bradley and Troy Terwelp say that their favorite part of working on Blue Devil Coffee is actually making the drinks for the teachers and developing their work skills.

Juniors, Brian Busl, Tyrese Raymond, and Payton Reckers state that all of the money the collect from the coffee sales go back into the small business as well as classroom essentials and technology.

Any teachers looking to get some coffee on Friday mornings without having to pay upwards of $3.00 at Starbucks can instead pay $1.50 for our student made coffee. Request forms can be found in the main office.