Glass Is An Amazing Movie

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

The new movie Glass is the third installment in M. Night Shyamalan’s movie series Unbreakable, also known as The Eastrail 177 Trilogy. Glass is the sequel to Split (2016) and Unbreakable (2000) who’s characters reprise their roles in the new movie.

Kevin Wendell Crumb (played by James McAvoy) is a man with 24 separate personalities that have been nicknamed The Horde. Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass (played by Samuel L. Jackson), is the brains behind the events that occur in the movie despite being confined to a wheelchair due to a disease that makes his bones as weak as paper. David Dunn (played by Bruce Willis) is a vigilante with super strength who wants to make the world a better place.

Through the movie, our main characters are trapped in a mental hospital. Kevin and Elijah, however, don’t like being prisoners and make plans to escape.

As with all movies the good and the bad in them can be substantial.

What I enjoyed about Glass was the way all the characters melded together. I liked this because even though they all have their own stories, all of these characters share two similarities: they believe themselves to be super human and they all have a connection to a fatal train derailment that killed everyone except for David Dunn. Another thing I enjoyed was the very beginning of the movie when the story line shifted from David to Kevin only for them to eventually meet up and combine the story into one. Lastly, I was very impressed from a production standpoint. The total cost of production was only 20 million dollars, compared to a Marvel movie where production is upwards of 200 million. Blumhouse Productions is known for making amazing movies on small budgets and the movies they create have a different atmosphere about them than more mainstream productions.

What I did not like about the movie was that you almost had to watch the past two movies to really grasp what was going on. Before I went and saw it, I didn’t even know about the other two movies so I went in completely blind to what was going on. Other than that, it was a more modern take on superheroes. The movie gives very little backstory to the characters. Another issue the movie had was the use of dialogue. Usually in superhero based movies there are at least a few memorable quotes from characters but this one had none that would leave the audience thinking about it days after.

Overall I would rate this movie a 7/10.

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Bailey is a senior who loves dancing, writing, and acting. Bailey decided to join Q-Review because she loves the energy that the class provides and the...

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde “Didn’t Get the Full Credit it Deserves”

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

The Devils Arithmetic is Heartbreaking

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Captain Marvel Is Not Worth Your Money

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

The Dirt “flat out brought out everything Mötley Crüe was”

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Digging Up Old Classics

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

The Giver Is A Better Book Than Movie

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Thunderhead “hits you hard”

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Aquaman Is “an action-packed superhero movie”

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

You Will Be Dying To See Arsenic and Old Lace

• Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Dumplin’ Is Not What You Think It Is

Glass Is An Amazing Movie