Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Looking to figure out your last minute Valentine’s Day date night? Look no further! Here is your ultimate guide on how to swoon your sweetheart this year.

1. Buy them flowers

Everyone loves receiving flowers on Valentine’s Day whether it’s a single rose or an entire bouquet. Luckily there are several places around town to buy them!

It’s not the fanciest but Hyvee has a huge selection of flowers to choose from at both locations in town. You can pick and choose which ones to put into a bouquet or pick one of the bouquets that are already put together for your convenience. County Market also has this option of attaining flowers for this special date night.

Another place to get flowers in town is Wellman Florist. You can buy online or head to the store at 1040 Broadway. Their bouquets range from $45-$150 dollars. A bit more expensive than buying from one of the grocery stores but totally worth it if you really want to go all out for your Valentine.

2. Take them out to dinner

As everyone knows, Quincy has many restaurants ranging from super fancy to casual sit down dining. I’ll give both ends of the spectrum and some in between; keeping a budget in mind will only make Valentine’s Day more fun.

For something down to earth, try Maya. In my personal opinion, this is the best place to eat in town with a variety of Mexican and American dishes. Prices range from $5.99-$20.49. Maya also has several vegetarian options on the menu.

For a moderately casual sit down dining experience this Thursday, you may want to consider Kelly’s. Kelly’s is at 2902 Broadway and is a great place to go for many options if you don’t want to tie yourself to a specific food category. Prices range from $8.99-$24.99 per meal so if you’re looking for a moderately priced meal with many options to choose from, Kelly’s is the place to go.

For a bit more upscale experience, you may want to go to Tiramisu. Tiramisu is a restaurant in town catering towards the Italian taste buds. Prices range from $8.00-$20.00 per meal so it’s still moderately priced but definitely a fancier setting.

3. Do something fun

For some people who have lived in Quincy their whole lives it may seem like there is nothing fun to do, especially on Valentine’s Day, but Quincy and surrounding areas have plenty of fun things for a date night.

Not everyone wants to be at school in the evening but the play Arsenic and Old Lace opens on Valentine’s day. It’s a hilarious comedy about homicide taking place in Brooklyn, New York. QHS is bringing this to the stage with an amazing cast of students ranging from sophomores to seniors. Tickets are $7.00 for students and $10.00 for adults. The show will run through February 16 and starts at 7:30.

Another fun thing to do is to take your sweetheart skating. It’s a teen cliche you see in many movies but going out to Scotties is fun no matter what. You can go skating, play laser tag, and even go bowling on their mini bowling alley in the arcade. Skating is $8.00 per person while laser tag and bowling will cost you extra.

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Bailey is a senior who loves dancing, writing, and acting. Bailey decided to join Q-Review because she loves the energy that the class provides and the...

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Make Spring Break Awesome

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Sincerely, Seniors

• Feature

Paperless Classes: Yay or Nay?

• Feature

Putting The “Pep” In Pep Band

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Have A Blizzard Of Fun This Holiday Season

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Meet The Vocational Department

• Feature

Meet The Cross-Cat Department

• Feature

Meet The Deans

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Meet The Counselors

• Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide

Feature

Meet The Secrataries

Valentine’s Day Date Night Guide