Aquaman Is “an action-packed superhero movie”

Alec Eaton, Staff Writer

Aquaman is a 2018 adaption of the character of the same name by DC comics. Aquaman follows the life of Arthur Curry/Auqaman as he tries to live a normal life with his father. While down in Atlantis, his half-brother Orm Marius/Ocean Master begins war as he tries to rule Atlantis. Mera (daughter of Nereus, king of Xebel) convinces Arthur to fight for the throne of Atlantis and save his mother Atlanna, the true queen of Atlantis from Aegean Sea and the temple of Poseidon.

The movie stars Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Amber Heard (Mera), Patrick Wilson (Ocean Master), Nicole Kidman (Atlanna), and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Black Manta). The movie made $1.09 billion worldwide in under a month. People were skeptical just from watching the trailer because they thought it gave spoilers to the movie and because they played a bad song to go along with it. Honestly, I loved the movie and think the producers should introduce more characters and keep making new story lines in future movies. Another movie is already in the works.

What I most like about this movie is how it stays within the story-line about Aquaman and doesn’t mention other unnecessary characters. At the end of Suicide Squad (another DC movie), it started mentioning other things not related to that one movie. Everything mentioned in this movie is about Aquaman. The one thing I hate about this movie is that he has more than one problem that he must face. The story jumps around different problems that Aquaman must face when they could have put them in other movies.

You do not have to read the comics to know what is going on; however, you should read the comics to know who everyone is and what their powers are.

Aquaman deserves a 9.5/10 because, while staying an action-packed superhero movie, it also provides the kind of jokes that make everyone laugh.

Alec Eaton, Staff Writer

Alec is a freshman who loves writing, rapping, and making fun voices. Alec decided to join Q-Review so he could learn more valuable writing skills; his...

• Aquaman Is “an action-packed superhero movie”

A&E

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde “Didn’t Get the Full Credit it Deserves”

A&E

The Devils Arithmetic is Heartbreaking

A&E

Captain Marvel Is Not Worth Your Money

A&E

The Dirt “flat out brought out everything Mötley Crüe was”

A&E

Digging Up Old Classics

A&E

The Giver Is A Better Book Than Movie

A&E

Thunderhead “hits you hard”

A&E

You Will Be Dying To See Arsenic and Old Lace

A&E

Glass Is An Amazing Movie

A&E

Dumplin’ Is Not What You Think It Is