Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

Staff writers Bailey Gasparovic, Destiny Hicks, and Tae'ana Johnson work on their stories.

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

After a four year hiatus, the Q-Review, the student newspaper, is back. One major change is that it’s now digital.

“We always try to extend career opportunities for students,” said Principal Danielle Arnold.  “We want to provide an experience,” Arnold added.

The students that are on the newspaper staff agree that it is an experience that is worthwhile, especially when they are involved in other journalism classes.

“I’m really interested in journalism so I have found it fun. In the past I have been involved in yearbook so I thought I would give a different kind of journalism a try. So far it definitely has been what I’ve looked for,” said senior Victoria Ward, staff writer.

Not only will the newspaper class be beneficial for the students on the staff but also for the community, students, and families.

“[Having the newspaper digital] allows us to get the information out faster and it also allows us to update the information more frequently,” Maranda Amons, newspaper adviser, said.

Arnold also sees the newspaper as a way to communicate with the community and students at QHS because there are many things that go on in the school that people don’t know about.

“For students who like to write, it gives them a realistic audience because they’re writing for their peers. It also gives them experience with journalism and for many students, they’ll write for their college newspaper after experiencing the high school newspaper,” said Amons.

Bailey Gasparovic, Staff Writer

Bailey is a senior who loves dancing, writing, and acting. Bailey decided to join Q-Review because she loves the energy that the class provides and the...

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

Student Life

I’m A Senior! Now What Do I Do?

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

News

Semesters Only School Year

• Feature

Social Media: The Good, The Bad, And The Dirty

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

News

Students Feel That Sometimes Teachers Give Too Much Homework

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

A&E

” The show keeps you on your toes every minute it’s on,”

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

News

Seniors to get out 6 days early

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

Showcase

Students Should Prepare To Take The SAT On April 10

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

News

Mr. QHS Contestants Raise Money For Charity

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

Sports

Two Track Runners Get Ready For Their Last Year

• Student Newspaper Returns to QHS

Feature

The Real Effects Of CTE

Student Newspaper Returns to QHS